Your journey starts with ascent, hovering above the clouds, the place where Greek Gods looked down on ancient Greece.
You can fly quickly to Villa FINIKI in 3.5-4 hours from various airports in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.
Take the time to find the ideal flight for you.
From Athens it is approximately a 3.5-4 hour drive (316 km) to our villa (without stops). The highway is a toll road with 8 toll stops, a total of € 18 (2023) for a single trip. But you can also take 3 days to get to know the Peloponnese. If you need help planning this trip, we are happy to help!
If you want to book an overnight stay along the way, take a look at this user-friendly site: www.booking.com or www.airbnb.nl, try to approach the accommodation yourself, maybe you can agree on a nice price.
From April/May to September/October you fly directly to Kalamata from Amsterdam and various airports in Germany.
Kalamata is approximately 50 kilometers from Fíniki, you can reach our villa in an hour!
You sometimes pay a little more for the comfort of flying directly to Kalamata.
Tickets can be a lot less cheap than flights to Athens, just check in time and take advantage of offers.
Renting a car is sometimes more expensive in Kalamata, but we can help you with a good and cheap rental company.
After booking you will receive exact directions to Villa FINIKI.
Rent a car:
Without a car you are nothing in the Peloponnese.
We therefore recommend that you rent a car at the airport (considerably cheaper in the early and late season than in the high season).
It is best if you have already arranged this at home.
Holiday Cars, Rentalcars, Auto Europe: These sites look for the cheapest company, such as Hertz, Avis, Europcar, …
If you land in Kalamata, we can help you find a reliable company and you will receive a 10% discount through us.
Make sure you book a company that is actually at the airport itself or nearby.
A company that is located just outside the airport is often cheaper.
They will pick you up from the airport and then drive you to their office (shuttle service).
Check carefully which insurance is included.
- If you have never been to Athens, it is of course nice to stay here for a while and visit the Acropolis. The Hop on Hop off bus is ideal or how about discovering Athens by bike? Let’s meet in Athens
- Dutch-speaking guide in Athens: A Gem Called Athens
- If you arrive late, Loutraki is a great place to stay overnight (1 hour drive, 105 km from Athens).
- If you arrive early, after a 1-hour drive, 105 km, the Corinth Canal is a recommended coffee stop.
- If you want to see more of the Peloponnese, we recommend Nafplio; this is a great base to explore Nemea, Mycene, Epidavros, Spetses and Poros . . Hotel tip: Poly Xenia Hotel
- Toll road costs: approximately €18 (one way) in 2023.
- When you get off the highway, stop in Messini at Lidl (just past Kalamata airport) for some cheap shopping.
- On the way from Messini to Finiki you will come across various orange stalls, buy a large bag of oranges here, there is a citrus press in the villa!
- You can choose to drive to Finiki via Koroni or Pylos , the distance is approximately the same. If you drive through Koroni, Petalidi is a nice coffee stop.
To fly to Athens
Vliegveld – Airport Athene/Athens