Kyparissia, 66 km from Villa FINIKI, is the cypress city on the west coast. Kyparissia has a cozy city quarter under an old fortress and a modern lower town with large squares. There is an old train station, cozy restaurants, ruins of a Frankish castle (13th century) and many shops.
In the surrounding area
The beaches in the area are very spacious and rugged.
Three kilometers to the north are beautiful sandy beaches and dunes; this is the second most important nesting place for the sea turtle Caretta-Caretta.
On the road from Kyparissia to Zacharo (north) are the places Agianakis and Gianitsochori, here lies the longest sandy beach of the Peloponnese.
The new marina of Kyparissia was opened in 2010.
- Castle: beautiful view.
- The Old Watermill , Ο παλιός νερόμυλος, Myloi Kyparissias 1.
- Neda waterfalls in Platania.
- Peristeria Mycenaean Tomb, Raches, Kalo Nero.
- Lunch stop in Marathopoli.
- Restaurant Nynio; cozy restaurant at the bus station of Kyparissia, you can view the meals here and choose for yourself. There are many dishes from the grill, the chicken dishes are from free-range chickens, there is also lamb stifado and souvlaki. The Greek cook is singing in the kitchen.
- Restaurant Palia Agora , Ano Poli Kiparissias; nice location, on the hill, overlooking the harbor and the sea and good food!